Kotlin for Beginners
Unlock the Power of Modern Programming
Hey Amigos 🙋🏽♂️
Welcome to Amigoscode's Kotlin free crash-course! this course includes everything you need to gain the fundamental skills for Kotlin.
Whether you're new to programming or have some experience in other languages, this course will guide you through the essential concepts and skills needed to start building applications with Kotlin.
- Short and Concise: You can learn the fundamentals all in just 5 hours!
- Job Opportunities: Kotlin Developers are wanted in the mobile development, game development and web development industry
- Beginner-Friendly Approach: Designed specifically for beginners, ensuring that learners can grasp the fundamentals of Kotlin without feeling overwhelmed
- New Programming Language: Adding a new language to your Tech-Stack makes you a stronger candidate
- Headstart: Completing this course is the best way to prepare for Amigoscode Kotlin Full-Stack Course!
- Developer Support: Error message? Post the problem to our dedicated Discord class and your classmates and I will be there to help
|LIFETIME COURSE ACCESS|
|ACCESS TO ALL UPDATES|
|OVER 70 LESSONS|
|5+ HOURS OF VIDEO MATERIAL|
|DEDICATED DISCORD GROUP|
5 Hour Course 🚀
Who is the course for?
Whether you are a Bootcamp/University student, a Professional specialising in other languages, a self-taught Programmer or a person who never wrote a line of code before, Kotlin for Beginners has been designed to teach you all the basics in order to become a Kotlin Developer or add Kotlin to your Tech Stack
If you have no experience with Kotlin or programming, the software engineering world might feel a little intimidating. You have done the difficult part by finding the course that will kick-start your Software Engineering career or your journey in learning a new language. In Kotlin for Beginners I have left no room for confusion - right from the very beginning.
Already have some Java experience? Great! You are already one step ahead from everyone else. Have a look through the curriculum and begin wherever you feel comfortable. Even if some concepts may sound familiar, take advantage of the expert insight.
Why Learn Kotlin?
Multinational companies such as Meta, Netflix, Amazon, Uber, TwitterPinterest have all switched to Kotl
Officially Supported by Google: Kotlin is he preferred language for Android app development, officially supported by Google. It provides improved developer productivity, and helps in building robust and high-performance Android applications
Null Safety: The null safety advantage of Kotlin is a significant improvement over other programming languages, particularly Java. Kotlin's null safety feature helps to prevent null pointer exceptions (NPEs), which are a common source of bugs and crashes in software
Versatility: Kotlin is a versatile language that can be used for a wide range of applications, from Android app development to server-side programming and web development.
Interoperability: Kotlin is interoperable with Java which allows developers to seamlessly integrate Kotlin code with existing Java projects
Simplicity and Readability: Kotlin's clean syntax makes it easier for beginners to learn and understand. It reduces boilerplate code, making development faster and more efficient
As a result, Kotlin dominates the Android world and is used across web, mobile and enterprise industries: from large-scale applications involving millions of lines to a few hundred-lines projects.
It’s no surprise that Kotlin has had a huge increase in the job market, with salaries varying from $60,000 to $140,000.
Get started now!
5 Reasons Why Kotlin Will Be Right For You.
- ✅ Beginner-Friendly Approach: This Kotlin course is designed specifically for beginners and any other developers who are learning a new programming language, providing a gentle and accessible introduction to the language.
- ✅ Enhanced Employability: Kotlin is in high demand, especially for Android development positions. By completing this course and gaining proficiency in Kotlin, learners increase their employability and open doors to job opportunities in the thriving mobile app development industry.
- ✅ Expanded Skill Set: Adding Kotlin to one's skill set expands the range of projects and technologies that learners can work on. With the ability to develop in Kotlin, learners can contribute to Android apps, backend development, web applications, and other software projects, making them more versatile and valuable to employers
- ✅ Competitive Advantage: Given Kotlin's rising popularity, having Kotlin expertise provides a competitive advantage in the job market. Employers are often looking for candidates who can bring modern development skills to the table
- ✅ Seamless Transition from Java: Kotlin is fully interoperable with Java, making it easier for Java developers to transition to Kotlin, staying up to date with modern development
Get started now!
Breaking through - Amigoscode’s
Sai, Software Development Engineer at Amazon
For those of you who have been following my journey into software engineering, I am excited to share a little update. This process started 8 months ago, with me relearning how to write code in Java, followed by quitting my job 6 months ago and deploying a side project 4 months later.
I am thrilled to say that I am moving on to the next phase of my career change - I will be starting my career as a software engineer at Amazon in one week. This was the best outcome that I could have ever asked for, truly a dream come true, and it still feels kind of surreal, to be honest.
Via Sai’s Linkedin Account, March 2022
John, From Transport Management to Web Developer
Going from absolute zero, with no degree, no qualifications in IT, no experience at all, to being an employed developer within a matter of months. I am not from a major city, not from London, not from California, so it can be done, the opportunity is there.
Focus and make a plan, make the time
to learn, but as well make sure to learn the correct ways, from the
correct people. That's why I can't give Nelson and everyone from
Amigoscode’s Facebook group enough credit because they not only got me
started but made me continue to do it and to do it successfully.
Maja, From Intern to Java Engineer at Grid Dynamics
There are so many courses online that
waste your time and just confuse you more. But, Nelson’s approach is
different. I love his organized and meticulous style of teaching where
he goes step-by-step over every topic and provides you with a lot of
useful and real-world examples
In addition to all the knowledge, skills and applications you have built, at the end of the course, you will also be able to prove your efforts with a certificate issued by Amigoscode! Join thousands of others on LinkedIn who proudly display their achievements
Get started now!